Thursday, 8 October 2015

Minor Project : Developing the Characters

So I've been thinking about the girl character and I'm not too sure of her age yet but I know its under 6. I've been trying to learn child proportions without making them look too doughy so below are some sketches. I've thought about the girl character mostly to get up to the same stage as the bog Goblin as I was giving him too much attention.


Practicing Child Poses and Proportions
I've then gone on to what the girl character would wear as I want her garments to echo her personality and interests. I like numbers 2, 8 and 12.


I then went on to her hair as I want her to reek of cuteness (my favorites are 9, 11 and 15) - which then brought me onto the face which I struggled with but I started to use references of my sisters when they were young and using parts of the bog goblins features subtly, this seemed to help, I'm not there yet but I think I'm heading in the right direction. (My favourites are 3 and 4)



And of course I couldn't forget the star of the show, so I've gone back to him and gave him some more faces which I'm quite happy with, I like numbers 5 and 7 (set 1), and number 1 in set 2.







1 comment:

  1. Really lovely pages, Rosie :) I like number 1 and 4 for the little girls face. Set 1 for the big goblin I like numbers 6 and 7. Set 2, number 1. Set 3, number 2. :)

    ReplyDelete