Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Minor Project ideas

Ideas

So I’ve been thinking about what I could do to really put the ‘wow’ in my portfolio and it became all so much more real today when we were handed the brief and it was mentioned that this piece of work could be the one we showcase at New Designers, the one that we show everyone… so no pressure there! Still here are some rough ideas I’ve been considering over the long summer…

The Tale of the Bog Goblin
- A misunderstood goblin that lives in the bog/toilet
I’m not too sure how to approach this (book/animation) but it is the idea that I have most visuals for from purple cauldrons, bat ears and long cast shadows. I seem to produce work that is more aimed at a younger audience and I like linking in a fantastical element. So with this in mind here are some scenarios….

1 – Girl is being told about the ‘evil’ bog goblin, this cuts to scenes of him acting out the sentence, for example “he’ll eat all of your toys!” cut to a scene like in the old horror films where you see a long shadow cast on a wall where he seems to be eating a toy when really its just a biscuit or something, the bog goblin looks confused as if he can hear the narrator, shrugging ‘what did I do?’ 

2 – Girl hears bump in the night and sees the toilet bubbling and pouring like a purple cauldron (the bog goblin is coming). She hides but he is only trying to return the rubber duck (or something) she accidentally flushed earlier that day.

Poppy the Naughty Owl
An owl that does naughty things like children do but acts so innocently.
In all honesty I don’t have a lot going on this one other than the signature phrase being “who me?” with big owl eyes – I think this may be better as a book…

Dog Bones??
I think this idea is more of an animated short as there isn’t really any depth to it.
A dog is digging up his bone that he saved for later. When he finds his bone it swings out of his jaw and plonks him on the head and out comes the dog the owners previously had barking at him to stop nibbling him.


Something I am struggling with is style, I don’t want it to look too CG I would like a style stamp on it I’m just not sure what, below is what sparked off the ideas above and what possible style choices I wouldn’t mind exploring.


2 comments:

  1. The idea of a continually misunderstood 'gremlin' or boglin or whatever is appealing, Rosie - likewise a story structure that is made of little skits, as opposed to a trad 3 act narrative. Worth fleshing out more so, methinks. I also think that it has the feeling of a rhyming script - short little verses giving you short little skits.

    ReplyDelete