Sunday, 12 January 2014

From Script to Screen: Female Eskimo Character?


Here are some faces I have drawn for the (possible) female Eskimo character. Within these drawings I have, on some, duplicated the features and discovered how a slight different face shape or even eyebrow can change the face dramatically. My favourites are numbers 1 and 5. 
Number 1 looks more like an Inuit and she has a rounder face making her more friendly, also her features are simple to draw, which is good as I may have to draw her multiple times in my animatic. However, I do like number 5 as I think she is more beautiful but she doesn't fit the 'cultural features' of an Eskimo/Inuit at all.


I then tested out hairstyles on my favourites. I feel number 3 makes her look more Eskimo, but I do prefer numbers 1 and 2 as this is what her hair could actually look like if she were in her home environment as it is suitable.


Lastly. I put the same/similar hairstyles onto my other favourite. With her full lips and curved brows I think the long hairstyles make her look very Hollywood, I'm still keen on hairstyles 1, 2 and 3.





1 comment:

  1. Are you making an animated movie or something like that?

    ReplyDelete