Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Secret Lairs: Influence Map 2

After producing my first influence map and set of thumbnail sketches I was really unsure of which way to go with the time period and theme. I kept constructing ideas where the lair would be sleek or slightly old-fashioned with knights of armour (in scorpion form) and warm dim lights, expecting some scotch to be on a table somewhere. However, when I researched further about the scorpion instead on the spider I discovered they come from the MESA region, this includes Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and many more. On a personal note I find different cultures fascinating and I know that I need to push my colour palette further, so with those two in mind I am now experimenting with ideas that this arachnid secret agent could possibly live in one of these colourful climates.

No comments:

Post a Comment