Thursday, 17 October 2013

Photoshop: Master Study


This is my Master Study; I have chosen 'Music of the Woods' created by Vladimir Kush. Since discovering him I have grown really fond of his work as he has hidden subjects in his work. As above, the tree stump, the bird and the flower are acting as a gramophone.

For this Master Study I first desaturated the original image and then painted over it with a new layer in 'Overlay'. This has helped me understand how typical 'warm colours' .i.e. orange, red and yellow do also have warm and cold tones within them. Though my colour palette isn't as vibrant as Kush I feel I have learnt something and that this exercise has helped me greatly with my own colour experimentation.


1 comment:

  1. O.O I can hardly tell the difference.
    The tree stumps tonal range feels better than the original aswell ;)

    ReplyDelete